Autore Topic: Changing photo order in Google Photos - Not shown in Ozio Gallery page  (Letto 6445 volte)

Offline VChris

• Nuovo arrivato
    • Mostra profilo
I've created albums in Google Photos.
In Ozio Gallery menu item I set the sorting to 'Standard'.
It works perfectly, in the website I see the same order in the gallery page as in Google Photos.
But if I change the order in Google Photos, (for example drag some photo to other place) the Ozio gallery page doesn't show it. It shows the initial order. And I am unable to force it to refresh the order. I've spent hours to solve this issue, and I am very frustrated now, because I am unable to solve an easy problem: I would like to see the same sorting order in my website as in Google Photos, after I am changing the order in Google Photos....
How to do that?
Ozio Gallery would be a perfect gallery solution, but if I am unable to change the order, I won't use this gallery :(
Could somebody Carneade?
Thanks!

Offline alexred

• Fuori controllo
  • Esperto in ozio relaxed
    • Mostra profilo
Hello VChris,
thanks for the info.

Please post your Google ID and the album name and I try to configure it in my test site.
Please post also a link to your album in Google Photo.

What's skin you use?

Regards

Offline VChris

• Nuovo arrivato
    • Mostra profilo
Hi Alexred,
Thanks for your reply and for your help.
Should I post my Google ID to public? Isn't it a security issue for me to post it public?

I use Skin Nano in Joomla 3

Offline alexred

• Fuori controllo
    • Mostra profilo
yes, you can post it in public, it is not a problem.

Offline VChris

• Nuovo arrivato
    • Mostra profilo
OK,
My Google ID: 114676398620720014096
Link to my album: https://goo.gl/photos/qMxqbP5Y4fvBivav6
Skin: Nano, Joomla 3

If you configure it, it will show the correct image order after configuring it. But when I will change the image order manually in Google Photos, it will not shown in your test site. It will be the order that was shown initially.

Offline alexred

• Fuori controllo
    • Mostra profilo
ok, I can reproduce the problem.
Seems a Google XML cache problem.
Please do not update the "Délvidék Kft. - Munkáink - Zsalugáterek" album, I can try to find the solution.

Offline VChris

• Nuovo arrivato
    • Mostra profilo
OK, I will not update the album.
Very big thanks for your quick help!
I hope you can solve the problem.
Regards,
VChris

Offline alexred

• Fuori controllo
    • Mostra profilo
Hello VChris,
it is a Google Photo problem, but you can try to set your photo order from PICASA:
https://picasaweb.google.com/home

in the same album you can set the order and confirm it.
After confirm it you can see the correct order in Ozio Gallery (clear before your browser cache)

Regards

Offline VChris

• Nuovo arrivato
    • Mostra profilo
Hi Alexred,
I've tried this, and: IT WORKS! :)
You are great, it's fantastic, thanks for your help!
Regards,
VChris

Offline alexred

• Fuori controllo
    • Mostra profilo
Remember, ....if you use Ozio Gallery, please post a rating and a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory (JED) http://extensions.joomla.org/extensions/extension/photos-a-images/galleries/ozio-gallery#reviews   
Thanks for your help.

Offline VChris

• Nuovo arrivato
    • Mostra profilo
OK, I will review it.
As I mentioned earlier, Ozio Gallery is a perfect gallery, I like it very much. I will rate it to 100 :)

Offline VChris

• Nuovo arrivato
    • Mostra profilo
Hi Alexred,
your solution works perfect with Google PicasaWeb. I can set the ordering of images by filename which is important for me. When I change the image sorting order in PicasaWeb it appears immediately in Ozio Gallery.
But... The bad news: Google announced he will retire PicasaWeb in the near future in some months... And they say, we should use Google Photos instead, because that product is much better... Well: Google Photos is a wrong, absolutely unuseful product. For example there is no option to set the image order by filename...
And this is absolutely bad news for me.
When I set the sorting order in PicasaWeb it appears in Ozio Gallery, but this order is not shown in Google Photos.
And anything I change in PicasaWeb that is appear in Ozio Gallery, but not in Google Photos. And anything I change in Google Photos, nothing happen in Ozio Gallery...
So your solution is perfect for now, but what will be in the future?
What should I do?
I like Ozio Gallery vey much, this is an awesome component, but if I will be unable to change the image order by filename, I won't be able to use it in my site :(
Could you Carneade to find a solution in the future?

Offline alexred

• Fuori controllo
    • Mostra profilo
Hello VChris,
I think we can set the Photo order by Ozio Gallery Params, and when Picasa will close we try to find the correct solution  :)

Offline VChris

• Nuovo arrivato
    • Mostra profilo
Hello Alexred,
that's very good news, thank you! :)
I hope it will be available in Ozio Gallery soon.
Have a nice day!
VChris

Offline Nicola Tessari

• Nuovo arrivato
    • Mostra profilo
Hello, I am still having this issue with the latest joomla 3.8.0., so I was wandering if the problem had been solved....

Web Design Bolzano Kreatif