Autore Topic: Ozio Gallery and the new Google+  (Letto 4502 volte)

Offline Jerry Tonneman

• Nuovo arrivato
    • Mostra profilo
Ozio Gallery and the new Google+
« il: 12 Feb 2016, 15:39:09 »
Hello to all,

I have a question regarding the use of Ozio Gallery with the new Google+. Perhaps my question has been mentioned in other topics, but I don't know Italian unfortunately, although I tried...

With the new Google+ I noticed that I can upload only one image at a time in a new post to create a new album. Plus that I cannot seem to find the album ID and authentication key for use with limited acces albums. Within the "old" version of Google+ this info can be found within the URL of the album @ "Sharing options"

So what I'm wondering is: With the new Google+: what is the proper way to upload a large collection of photo's into a new Google+ album with it's visibility set to "limited" so only people with the album's url are able to view it? Should I make use of Google Photo's to upload?

I've been trying and trying for the last couple of days and to be honest, this new Google+ doesn't make me all too happy so I really hope there's some logic behind it all.

I watched the YouTube video on how to use Ozio with the New Google+, but that's only suitable for public albums...

Thanks in advance for helping me out.

Jerry
Netherlands

Offline alexred

• Fuori controllo
  • Esperto in ozio relaxed
    • Mostra profilo
Re:Ozio Gallery and the new Google+
« Risposta #1 il: 12 Feb 2016, 15:50:27 »
Hello Jerry Tonneman,
sorry but only public albums with the new version of Google+ anche Ozio Gallery  :(

Also for me the new  Google+ doesn't make me all too happy

Offline gillesps

• Nuovo arrivato
    • Mostra profilo
« Risposta #2 il: 06 Mar 2016, 16:56:13 »
Hi
Did you find a way to handle new Google+ or Google Photo as Picasa will be off in 1 month half now ?
Thank you

Offline alexred

• Fuori controllo
    • Mostra profilo
« Risposta #3 il: 06 Mar 2016, 17:35:30 »
yes,
you can use Google Photo

Offline gillesps

• Nuovo arrivato
    • Mostra profilo
« Risposta #4 il: 06 Mar 2016, 17:38:36 »
Ok,
But can you explain how please because I try all the way and I don't see my album from Google Photo since the new Google+ platform.
I did 3 galleries in my Google Photo but they don't appear in the list of Ozio to be pickup.

Offline Jerry Tonneman

• Nuovo arrivato
    • Mostra profilo
« Risposta #5 il: 06 Mar 2016, 17:57:46 »
@gillesps If I'm correct you can add public albums to your Google Photo's and use the ID from your Google+ within Ozio to select the album you wish to display.

If you - like me - wish to use hidden albums, you need to stay with the old version of Google Plus in order to get a proper Album ID and Authentication key to work with the Ozio Gallery component.

Offline alexred

• Fuori controllo
    • Mostra profilo
« Risposta #6 il: 06 Mar 2016, 18:13:20 »
Set your album public by the Ozio Gallery params

Offline gillesps

• Nuovo arrivato
    • Mostra profilo
« Risposta #7 il: 06 Mar 2016, 18:17:13 »
I did and it doesn't work....
Staying with old version of Google+ doens't give you any possibility to access album or photo too. Google radically change everything....
I can send you all my login if you want and you will see that. If you don't use Picasa, anything work expect the Post image to Google+, that it is a mess because I want to access my album and not post.
I put my id, but when selected set album public, albm are not here.
Else the top of my menu in joomla are not the same of your. I'm using Free version 4.6 and say "This skin only work on Google plus/Google Photo, not Picasa, which version do you use ?
Thank you

« Ultima modifica: 06 Mar 2016, 18:21:30 da gillesps »

Offline alexred

• Fuori controllo
    • Mostra profilo
« Risposta #8 il: 06 Mar 2016, 18:24:52 »
The ID number does not influence the "set album public", you nee to login in the popup windows with your Google account about the ID number you enter to see the album in the list.

Offline gillesps

• Nuovo arrivato
    • Mostra profilo
SOLVE Re:Ozio Gallery and the new Google+
« Risposta #9 il: 06 Mar 2016, 18:53:29 »
Dear all,
Thank you to be patient and read all that. There are a trick in Google Photo Album.
When you create an album, DON'T create a SHARE album, just an album. (it is very important) And don't use any other option on the Album.
Wait 5 minutes, log off of Google and Joomla. Clear your cache.
Back to Joomla and create your new menu. Enter your ID, (album will don't be show at this step) click the Set album public, you will see your album. Click on Make it Public. If you get an error message, wait a new 5 minutes and restart this procedure from Clear you cache.
Hope that will help you guys.
Thank you
Gilles

Web Design Bolzano Kreatif